Skip to main content

Mothers

Mothers, all you women with your soul shaping hands, being the gentle arms in the middle of the night, or the listening ear on the other end of the phone, the work you do is precious, it's eternal. As you bend low or stand on tip toes to hug and meet your babes where they are, remember how you are changing the world.

Giving up time and space and a clean house so you are there make the meals, wipe the tears and play the games, this is what feeds the spirit. You work with the Creator to grow small people into tall ones, babes into men, little girls into women. All you do that seems to go so unnoticed, isn't ~ the bandaids and story telling, the cleaning of their messes, the work that never ends....

To the mothers who do it alone, to the fathers who must be mothers too, to the woman with empty arms that long to be filled and the mamas whose empty arms ache for the babes they've once held....He is near. Lean in. Lean in and know that He sees your struggle, your sacrifice and He knows your pain. There are special promises for brokenhearted and for the faithful.

Mothers, bending low, taking care, loving first above all else....yes, this is what changes the world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fill...

Five Minute Friday, early on a Saturday morning, but with a new host, Kate . Same deal: Word lovers write with a prompt for the love and the fun. No edits, grammar police or second guessing. Free writing for five minutes...And the heart of the community is that you visit the other lovely writers, to encourage, to make a new friend. This week is.... Go Fill instead of empty. Give instead of take. Pour and love and lavish. You'll feel empty. But when you frequent the well of the Water that always quenches you are never ever empty. Fill the hearts around with peace. Choose to avoid the chaos that expectations bring. Fill the minds with truth. Remember that the only truth is what is good. Something can be accurate but still not true. Fill the house with love because they won't really remember exactly what you taught them but they will remember how it felt to be there. Fill bodies with strength. Actual food and the infinitely more important Bread of L...

Connect

Another Five Minute Friday, on a Saturday, writing for five minutes for just the beauty of it. Want to join in? Come on over here  and meet this great community. Connect Go: I'm wondering what it's like for my kids: living a connected life where the pieces fit together and don't have to separate into mom's house and dad's house and small little compartments with neat little labels lasting 47 minutes each. I'm wondering if they will ever understand how different it could be. How different it was for their big brother.  I'm wondering if it really is just now, this minute, that I'm realizing that what I missed for most of my life was having a connected life. I had school me, and home me and after leukemia turned up, I had hospital me. I had my-house me and dad's-house me, the me I shared with my friends and the me I created for the boy friends. Then there was the me I was in my own head: the me who tried to write but usually wound up laughing...