Skip to main content

More Than Enough

Counting to find the bridge connecting me to the miracle. Give thanks and then there is always more than enough.

(Paraphrasing my little perpetual calendar filled with Ann's words, which are referencing the miracle of the loaves and fishes...and every other miracle because eucharisteo always precedes the miracle).

357. sweet questions at bedtime
358. good aunt to nephew talks
359. smiling brown eyes
360. bunnies playing in my yard, eating dandelion; really, what is cuter than this?!
361. Grace for another day
362. yawn from little boys boys who lean into me as I read
363. my 8 year old (finally) begging to read on his own

364. Romans
365. afternoon in the park with friends on the best spring day
366. my tall 8 year old bending low to spend time~lots of time~ with his friend's precious 2 year old sister and loving it!
367. watching this boy from across the park, my heart swelling, smiling
368. children big and small all playing together
369. living our lives without being all age segregated
370. watching boys hit the balls that their daddy pitches

371. breakfast dinners
372. spring evenings to play
373. Nathan being excited about his staying in bed all night progress (the ice cream rewards for days in a row staying put probably help :)
374. waking up to find the boys who let me sleep in on the couch, watching Curious George

375. TIME
376. light spring rains
377. shy boy not wanting me to know about the home run he hit...
378. ...and his little brother telling me anyway
379. Evan all dressed in black and white
380. Nate smiling as he watches his big brother get ready
381. goodbye kisses

382. being truly loved


Sharing my gifts with the community that inspired all this counting~


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak