Skip to main content

Deep Breath....

Five minute Friday....writing for five minutes with a prompt, without editing, just letting the words go.


Deep Breath....

Go.

Deep breath and pray. Give thanks. Thanks for ALL that is given. Every moment. Easy and challenging. The beautiful as well as the ugly.

Deep breath and begin again. Live in that place of grace that allows us to wake up new every morning, to new sun, dew on the grass, another chance to get it right.

Deep breath and forgive yourself. Don't live in that nasty place of "what if I did it better?" Let it go and do it better next time. And if you don't get it that time either. Be grateful for yet one more chance.

Deep breath and LIVE. Live loved. Love others like crazy. Live like you mean it.

Deep breath and smile. You don't do it enough. None of us do. If we are giving thanks, beginning again, forgiving ourselves and living loved how could we not be smiling more?!

STOP.

Ok there it is. I'm at work so I get distracted in my five minutes. I'm loving writing again. It's one of my very first loves and it's so nice to be getting reacquainted.

Comments

  1. Love this post!!! I love "Deep breath and forgive yourself." I needed to hear that. Thanks for sharing you thoughts. I am definitely going to smile more tomorrow thanks to your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreeing with Carrie. Forgiving yourself, the hardest thing to do and yet probably makes the most difference. It's what we're studying this week in our Mom's group. The book is called Total Forgiveness and it's a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome. Just a note on comments. I leave them open but I ask that comments be respectful. To me, to God and to His word. I will remove anything that isn't.

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak