Skip to main content

His strength made perfect in our weakness

As Mother's day ended this year all I could think of is why? Why do we set apart these days, arbitrarily as days to honor, be honored. It just puts pressure that things are supposed to be just so. But, see, things are never just so. Life is in the mess and mothering is in the tears. It's loving through the tantrum. It's having patience through the misbehavior. It's not feeling slighted because the 8 year old won't come to breakfast, but it's smiling when he finally decides to emerge from his room, tear stained face and all.

The day didn't go as planned. There was all kinds of conflict. But that's ok. Hurt is where mothering shines. And this so reminds me what Paul tells us God says to him in 2 Corinthians...that His strength is made perfect in weakness. My strength or patience so pale in comparison to His (or even MANY other mamas I know) but if there isn't a need for our quiet love and gentle hand then what is the use? What would my purpose here be?

So, like Paul, I will boast about my weakness so Christ's strength can rest on me. For when I am weak I am made strong in Him.

My many Mother's Day Gifts, the graces from Him, I am thankful for every moment~


345. hand made cards

346. words sounded out by new readers

347. beautiful flowers on the table

348. my favorite breakfast made for me

349. blueberry-cinnamon pancakes with butter all melted

350. Noah making waffles for his dad

351. presents to unwrap, ones that were so thoughtful

352. Nathan's "gifts" of his stuffed animals over and over again

353. words in a card picked so carefully by my husband

354. the sun and spring day bringing me their own gifts

355. movie and popcorn and quiet dinner at home together (exactly what everyone needed)

356. many messages and cards from sisters, my mom and friends wishing me a happy Day


Comments

  1. Lovely list and it seems like you do live a blessed life. Thank you for sharing this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome. Just a note on comments. I leave them open but I ask that comments be respectful. To me, to God and to His word. I will remove anything that isn't.

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak