Skip to main content

Catching up On Counting

The thanks I offered up as the summer came to a close and as this homeschooling mama got very busy....


541. watching the school bus drive by without my kids on it
542. the promise of new beginnings, of fresh starts
543. tickle attacks and the boy giggles that go with them
544. The Black Stallion and how my 8 year old is now in love with horses


545. my kitchen, all freshly painted
546. the new bookshelf my husband put together
547. good friends to help and be helped by
548. Granny Apples
549. Monkey in the Middle


550. chocolate chip cookies
551. whipped cream
552. raisin bread with cinnamon swirls
553. chocolate covered cranberries 


554. gooey, warm cinnamon buns on our first day of getting back to lessons
555. my oldest asking to know more about atoms while my youngest begs too just be allowed to play :)


556. learning new things right along with my boys
557. cool fall breezes even though it's still technically summer
558. 4 days at the Bethany beach house, meals with family, walks near the ocean
559. my own pillow and my own bed
560. my second oldest nephew, his life!, his being home


561. seeing my boys being best friends
562. Feast Days~seeing the messiah written all over your Holy Days
563. forgiveness, grace, unconditional love
564. my husband washing all the china by hand
565. really good, really needed sleep


566. sugar cookies
567. afternoon book-time in my bed
568. kisses
569. boys dressed for soccer~all excited
570. cozy bed, a quiet house and getting to sleep after a long night


571. Energy all bouncing in the door as all the boys come home, cheeseburgers in hand
572. dancing with my 6 year old


573. Antsy kids struggling to focus~happy they're at home with me




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak