Skip to main content

Someone is Missing

I have been poking around on a few other blogs. Large Family Mothering being one of them.

I am so sad. My husband had a vasectomy 2 1/2 years ago. We had a huge fight the morning before he went. He went anyway. At the time I was exhausted with my second baby but I was not ready to be "done". I cried last week. I feel like I am missing a child (or 2). I asked God to just intervene. My heart hurts. I love and respect my husband but I feel like this is wrong and I am so sad....

I will give this hurt to my Father. You know the reason my heart is open. You know my thoughts before I think them. I know You know the plans You have for me....

Comments

  1. Hi there. I just wanted to let you know how sad I feel for you. I'm so sorry. I also visit the same site you do. I only have 3 kids and that is because my first son was fine, my second daughter has a mild learning disability (very mild) due to hearing loss we didn't know she had, and then my third son has down's syndrome so we were told for me to get my tubes done. I did thinking this was best and I wasn't saved at the time. Now all I want is at least 3 more kids. I feel I don't have enough. I can't now and it is a miserable feeling. I have 2 in heaven and this makes things worse. I'm sorry for going on. I'l be praying for you and some inner peace. Hugsl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I saw the comment you left on Large Family Mothering and came over here. I have no words of wisdom or comfort for you, but I feel your pain. I married a man who had his future son's named picked out when I met him. We've been married almost 7 years, have no kids, and he just got a vasectomy (against my wishes). I too am heartbroken. I still love him and I am trying hard to respect him, and treat him with both, but I hurt SO BAD. We are not our formerly "snuggly" selves and I tried so hard to warn him that bad things would happen to us if he didn't at least wait and let us talk about it some more. He says, "This isn't a marriage." Well, it's a very broken marriage, but I didn't break it, and it feels like he wants ME to somehow fix it! Worse yet...he has convinced himself that the vasectomy was "God's will." Yeah, I hurt. Don't know what to say to you, so I'll just 'sit here in the mud' awhile with you.

    Big hugs (((((((((((((()))))))))))).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome. Just a note on comments. I leave them open but I ask that comments be respectful. To me, to God and to His word. I will remove anything that isn't.

Popular posts from this blog

Fill...

Five Minute Friday, early on a Saturday morning, but with a new host, Kate . Same deal: Word lovers write with a prompt for the love and the fun. No edits, grammar police or second guessing. Free writing for five minutes...And the heart of the community is that you visit the other lovely writers, to encourage, to make a new friend. This week is.... Go Fill instead of empty. Give instead of take. Pour and love and lavish. You'll feel empty. But when you frequent the well of the Water that always quenches you are never ever empty. Fill the hearts around with peace. Choose to avoid the chaos that expectations bring. Fill the minds with truth. Remember that the only truth is what is good. Something can be accurate but still not true. Fill the house with love because they won't really remember exactly what you taught them but they will remember how it felt to be there. Fill bodies with strength. Actual food and the infinitely more important Bread of L...

Connect

Another Five Minute Friday, on a Saturday, writing for five minutes for just the beauty of it. Want to join in? Come on over here  and meet this great community. Connect Go: I'm wondering what it's like for my kids: living a connected life where the pieces fit together and don't have to separate into mom's house and dad's house and small little compartments with neat little labels lasting 47 minutes each. I'm wondering if they will ever understand how different it could be. How different it was for their big brother.  I'm wondering if it really is just now, this minute, that I'm realizing that what I missed for most of my life was having a connected life. I had school me, and home me and after leukemia turned up, I had hospital me. I had my-house me and dad's-house me, the me I shared with my friends and the me I created for the boy friends. Then there was the me I was in my own head: the me who tried to write but usually wound up laughing...