Skip to main content

Connect

Another Five Minute Friday, on a Saturday, writing for five minutes for just the beauty of it. Want to join in? Come on over here and meet this great community.

Five Minute Friday

Connect

Go:

I'm wondering what it's like for my kids: living a connected life where the pieces fit together and don't have to separate into mom's house and dad's house and small little compartments with neat little labels lasting 47 minutes each. I'm wondering if they will ever understand how different it could be. How different it was for their big brother.

 I'm wondering if it really is just now, this minute, that I'm realizing that what I missed for most of my life was having a connected life. I had school me, and home me and after leukemia turned up, I had hospital me. I had my-house me and dad's-house me, the me I shared with my friends and the me I created for the boy friends. Then there was the me I was in my own head: the me who tried to write but usually wound up laughing at all the words because they sounded like a stranger wrote them.

I don't think any of those disconnected parts of that girl knew just how fragmented she was. I don't think I've ever been more me, with all my parts connected, than I have been these past few years. My heart and my spirit and my head and my writing and my mommy-ing and all of it have been more one-pieced (and becoming more so each day). I'm less and less fragmented. I'm more and more whole. I'm connected to My God and my family, to my friends and to right here. My living and worshiping and loving are all a sweet medley of a one piece life. Oh don't get me wrong; my frustration and worry and heartache are all there too, but still all me. All one piece.  All connected.


Stop




Comments

  1. Hi Melinda! I'm a Saturday-Five Minute Friday poster too. At least this week.

    I love this post! So powerful! So glad you've been able to connect all of your you's and find yourself in Him.

    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I love how God's takes every piece of our fragmented lives and connects them together. Visiting from the 5MF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does take a while to get all the parts connected. Experience and a few years on us really helps to enjoy ourselves. They say a woman best years are between 25-35. I like the mental 65 but keep wanting to drop the physcial 65 off some where to get it fixed. Good post. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome. Just a note on comments. I leave them open but I ask that comments be respectful. To me, to God and to His word. I will remove anything that isn't.

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak