Skip to main content

Hello, again.

It's been so quiet over here. I know. I have missed this space, missed telling this story. So here I am. Words are coming. I'm feeling the itch to write and straighten out some thoughts. The fall and winter and spring seemed to fly by. Here we are in the midst of summer. I have boys and cucumber plants growing tall.

We've had holidays and holy-days, birthdays and pool days. There have been news stories circulating and laws passed that make me wonder where I live and if we should take cover from the impending lightning . There has been weather and moons and stars that have caught the attention of even novice sky gazers. And through it all I'm seeing threads and themes and they seem to be growing stronger and louder. Do you feel it too? Something is going on. There is something in the air...or...in the spirit. Something is coming. Where we are on the calendar, it wouldn't surprise me if that something that is coming is big.

If the something that is coming is big, are you ready? I bet most of us aren't as ready as we thought. I want to be...I'll see you back here real soon and we can make sure we're ready. Together.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fill...

Five Minute Friday, early on a Saturday morning, but with a new host, Kate . Same deal: Word lovers write with a prompt for the love and the fun. No edits, grammar police or second guessing. Free writing for five minutes...And the heart of the community is that you visit the other lovely writers, to encourage, to make a new friend. This week is.... Go Fill instead of empty. Give instead of take. Pour and love and lavish. You'll feel empty. But when you frequent the well of the Water that always quenches you are never ever empty. Fill the hearts around with peace. Choose to avoid the chaos that expectations bring. Fill the minds with truth. Remember that the only truth is what is good. Something can be accurate but still not true. Fill the house with love because they won't really remember exactly what you taught them but they will remember how it felt to be there. Fill bodies with strength. Actual food and the infinitely more important Bread of L...

Connect

Another Five Minute Friday, on a Saturday, writing for five minutes for just the beauty of it. Want to join in? Come on over here  and meet this great community. Connect Go: I'm wondering what it's like for my kids: living a connected life where the pieces fit together and don't have to separate into mom's house and dad's house and small little compartments with neat little labels lasting 47 minutes each. I'm wondering if they will ever understand how different it could be. How different it was for their big brother.  I'm wondering if it really is just now, this minute, that I'm realizing that what I missed for most of my life was having a connected life. I had school me, and home me and after leukemia turned up, I had hospital me. I had my-house me and dad's-house me, the me I shared with my friends and the me I created for the boy friends. Then there was the me I was in my own head: the me who tried to write but usually wound up laughing...