Skip to main content

My Morning Manifesto

Because I need a better plan, or maybe just one that I'll actually follow....

~My day will begin early and with the Word.

~My hands will reach first for my Bible.

~I won't attempt to give out of an empty cup. Even if it's just for a few minutes my thoughts will be gathered and I will pray for strength and peace.

~I'll remember my purpose and my message. I'll remember that my message  is damaged if i can't at least attempt to live out my beliefs.

~I will praise and fill the cups of my family, for a gentle answer turns away wrath.

~I will not take grumpy attitudes personally, for we all are on our own walk.

~My attitude will not depend on others, for my God's love doesn't depend on mine.

~I'll give grace as well as accept it.

~I'll let things go rather than let them fall apart.

~I will smile. I will laugh.

~I will stop putting all life on hold to get through lessons. Life is a lesson. We won't let school work define our whole day.

~I will remember Micah 6:8, I'll seek justice and love kindness and walk humbly with my God

~I will remember Colossians 3:14-16, I'll clothe myself in compassion kindness and humility... Because I am dearly loved. And I'll let the peace of God rule in my heart.

 ~I will remember Romans 12 the whole chapter, I'll not be conformed to this world... I won't think more highly of myself then I ought to... My love will be genuine... I'll rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer... I'll bless those who persecute.... As far as it depends on me I'll live peaceably with everyone.

 ~I'll live LOVED. And I'll serve my GOD. With each day I'm given.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fill...

Five Minute Friday, early on a Saturday morning, but with a new host, Kate . Same deal: Word lovers write with a prompt for the love and the fun. No edits, grammar police or second guessing. Free writing for five minutes...And the heart of the community is that you visit the other lovely writers, to encourage, to make a new friend. This week is.... Go Fill instead of empty. Give instead of take. Pour and love and lavish. You'll feel empty. But when you frequent the well of the Water that always quenches you are never ever empty. Fill the hearts around with peace. Choose to avoid the chaos that expectations bring. Fill the minds with truth. Remember that the only truth is what is good. Something can be accurate but still not true. Fill the house with love because they won't really remember exactly what you taught them but they will remember how it felt to be there. Fill bodies with strength. Actual food and the infinitely more important Bread of L...

Connect

Another Five Minute Friday, on a Saturday, writing for five minutes for just the beauty of it. Want to join in? Come on over here  and meet this great community. Connect Go: I'm wondering what it's like for my kids: living a connected life where the pieces fit together and don't have to separate into mom's house and dad's house and small little compartments with neat little labels lasting 47 minutes each. I'm wondering if they will ever understand how different it could be. How different it was for their big brother.  I'm wondering if it really is just now, this minute, that I'm realizing that what I missed for most of my life was having a connected life. I had school me, and home me and after leukemia turned up, I had hospital me. I had my-house me and dad's-house me, the me I shared with my friends and the me I created for the boy friends. Then there was the me I was in my own head: the me who tried to write but usually wound up laughing...