Skip to main content

Remember...

Remember.

We are a people who can so easily forget.

Our Maker knew this when He made His people and gave us His commands. We forgot in the Garden and we forgot in desert. We forgot in so many places and in so many ways.  He said Remember.  He greeted Moses as the "LORD God who brought them out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery". Just in case any of them may have forgotten their emancipation.



They did forget.

And so do we.

 We forget to treasure and give thanks. We forgot to honor and worship and that these very lives were given to us by Him. We forget. I know I forget the prayers I prayed early in the morning: prayers to honor God with this day, about 10 minutes after I say Amen when I'm frustrated with kids and do-to's. We're a people with amnesia.  Our God reaches in and pulls us out of slavery and sin and disparity...and we forget. He knew we would. God set up many reminders for us. Right there in those 10 commands He says Remember: "remember the Sabbath day and keep it Holy". He set up a whole system of ways to remember. He set His Feast Days--Days that would commemorate His mighty works and our story of Redemption. Days to remember what was done and days to remind us what is ahead. Feast Days and Holy Days. Days to look back on freedom from slavery and days to look forward to the coming freedom from sin.


He set His days and His commandments because He knows us.  He knows we need strings around fingers, post it notes and alerts on our phones. He knows we forget why we came to the store in first place and why did I just walk upstairs? He set His year and His seasons to remind us of protective blood on doorways and to point to the Saving Blood that covers all.

As Passover begins I am again reminded of His Love that covers all. I remember how He came down to save us all-a people in such desperate need of a soul rescue. He came. And He's coming again. I remember.



Five Minute Friday

Linking up with Five Minute Friday. (Even though it's a Wednesday). Writing just for the joy. Join in. It's fun.


Comments

  1. I like that plate! And the message to remember. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks for visiting my blog =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome. Just a note on comments. I leave them open but I ask that comments be respectful. To me, to God and to His word. I will remove anything that isn't.

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak