Skip to main content

So God Made a Woman










 These made me think of how, really, women were the very last thing God created. That's a powerful concept. Before there could be a mother or a family, a society or community there needed to be a woman.

So often we {women?} can feel put upon or burdened by all that is expected of us. But what if, maybe we feel saddled because this life and this world has told us things should be dufferent than they are. What if all this weight is because we don't know who we are, if we aren't living up to all we are expected to be? All we are created to be.

God looked over all His creation, creation He deemed good, and decided one last finishing touch was needed. So God made a woman.

Actually, what He made was a wife.

He saw that man He made needed someone: so God made a woman.

He knew this man would need a friend: so God made a woman.

God knew this man would need a soft place to fall, a cheering word and loving arms: so God made a woman.

There would be the need for a soft touch and a soft voice and a smile in a world that is harsh and mean: so God made a woman.

This man would need a home and an ear and someone to look after the details and make things pretty, so God made a woman.

God knew very well that this man He had made would need help, a helper. He knew he'd need someone to take care of, someone to protect, someone to live for. God knew this man and this world needed beauty and grace to balance the strong and rough: so God made a woman.

He made a woman to walk beside (not behind or in front of) to lean on be leaned upon. He made a woman to raise up the babes and raise them up civilized, to raise up a home and a meal and a life. To help this man with whatever he needed. But not just to help to rescue, surround, compliment. He made her to muti task and to love like crazy and to sometimes be the glue to hold it together.

God made man in His image. Then He saw it was not good for him to be alone: So God made a woman.



{if you haven't seen the farmer commercial or read Ann's post, click on over...it's worth it}

photo credit 1 and 2

Comments

  1. The farmer commercial was my favorite from the Super Bowl by far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome. Just a note on comments. I leave them open but I ask that comments be respectful. To me, to God and to His word. I will remove anything that isn't.

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak