Skip to main content

Again

Five Minute Friday (on a Saturday). Where a whole crowd writes for five minutes for just the fun of it. It's community. It's writing. It makes me smile. Stop on over and join in.

Five Minute Friday

Again...

GO

How can I be here again? In this place of frustration with my self, frustration with my circumstance. How can this be my reality again? The failing and the falling and the never seeming to get it right. Again. I have good intentions and lofty expectations and again they fall flat. I suppose Paul felt the same when he wrote this all too familiar dance:

Again, I do not do the good I want. Why is it so hard? How can I wake up thinking that this day will be different but I fall back into all my old patterns?

 I will choose the better way. To choose good and forsake evil. I'll set out again, holding to the promise. It's the opening to the very next chapter Paul writes in Romans.

  "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus".{Romans 8:1}

It's in Him that I can rise up and do better. I will remember, again, what John penned: that the One who is in me is greater than the one who is in the world.

I'll start again. Look up again. Give thanks again. Because He is making all things new. And again I remember that means me.

Stop.

Comments

  1. Such beautiful writing, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very encouraging. God is so gracious to all of us. Thanks for sharing the reminder. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome. Just a note on comments. I leave them open but I ask that comments be respectful. To me, to God and to His word. I will remove anything that isn't.

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak