Skip to main content

Welcome

Five minute Friday: Where a beautiful crowd spends five minutes all writing on the same topic and then share over here. Where we just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

Five Minute Friday


Welcome


Go

I stand with outstretched arms to welcome what's coming. I'm done with the striving and the stomping of my feet and with the tantrums I have in my head and the ones I have in real life, the ones I have as I wrestle with dissatisfaction.

I welcome what is. I welcome what is right now. I welcome this place God has me (wherever that may be). I welcome the strife. I welcome the tears. I welcome the work. I welcome the growing pains. I know it WILL all work for my good. I TRUST that even if now doesn't feel good, HE is good. And since God is always good, I will welcome whatever He has for me. 

And since God is always good, I welcome His grace, His gift, His Joy in all things. All things. All things because I will not pick and choose what parts of His plan I welcome. I welcome interruptions and change in plans. I welcome tears with math lessons and wiggly little boys. I welcome conflict with my husband and family in need on the phone. I welcome whatever or whomever God lays before me.

Stop.

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome. Just a note on comments. I leave them open but I ask that comments be respectful. To me, to God and to His word. I will remove anything that isn't.

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak