Skip to main content

Prayer Warriors

I'm excited. I'm excited about this community of moms and women out there who remind me I'm not crazy.

Because you know, sometimes I so feel I am. I sometimes feel so crazy and defeated by trying to raise these boys to be great, God-fearing men. Sometimes I feel so awfully afraid that I'm failing and that there is no fruit to all this hard work. And sometimes I just can't understand how I can have such good intentions and so many great expectations but still fail so hard everyday.

But it's not just me. It's this thing of raising boys. It's raising these loud, energetic, messy and sometimes obstinate sons. It's this trying to figure out how to help lead these soon-to-be-men into adulthood. I'm scared but I'm not the only one. There are plenty of mamas out there who feel just like me, who struggle just like me, who fail little failures everyday just like me. 


One of these lovely "boy moms" wrote an ebook to lead us crazy mamas in covering our sons in prayer. Because really no amount of struggling on our own might will win this battle. What she says is true "this battle is best fought on your knees".

So back to why to why I'm excited...I'm excited about this little ebook but also I'm excited to join in the 21 Days of Prayer for Sons that is starting May 1st. Together we'll pray, covering our sons with God's word, praying scripture over them. We will be equipping these boys, the very best way we can, to become men of God, husbands with integrity, fathers who can lead the next generation to follow Him. Because no matter how hard we try He is the only one who can give them a heart after His, like David or make them set apart for the work of His kingdom, like Daniel. Only He can. So no wonder I'm failing when I go at it alone.

I'm so thankful for this, these women, this tool, this nudge to do what's needed, this not-feeling-so-very-alone in the way I'm trying to raise my sons.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak