Skip to main content

Joy Dare~February


February's Joy Dare ~capturing the grace~ sharing some of my One Thousand Gifts that I'm recording in 2012....

gifts at 11:30 2:30 and 6:30
94. landing in Miami~safe and halfway home
95. airport lunch
96. landing in Philadelphia a little earlier than expected~so glad to be home

3 things overheard today~all gifts
97. Noah: mom, what can I do to help?"
98. Steve talking to Noah about his lost gift card saying "don't be too upset. It's only money. It can be replaced".
99. Nate saying "I'll make the list" to we get ready to grocery shop


3 gifts found in writing
100. birthday cards for a dear friend
101. emails and texts welcoming me home from people who missed me
102. blog post reminding me what's most important


......
one gift stitched , one hammered, one woven
106. my oldest son's "puppy" all fixed
107. my "by grace alone necklace"~silver and hammered with truth
108. my boys' baby blankets made by their great-grandma


3 gifts found outside
109. boys playing basketball with their dad
110. warm winter days
111. beautiful full moon


......
a gift found in losing, finding and making
136. the loss of my own control over these school days
137. finding ways to love and not live by our to-do list
138. making these lives of ours honor who we are in You


3 gifts found in shadows
139. reminders to seek the sun
140. dark forcing me to cling to Him
141. just how bright the Light seems when we step out from the darkness


3 gifts found in giving
142. the peace that came with giving patience
143. the repentance that came with giving respect
144. the imagination that soared when I gave my time


......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak