Skip to main content

January's Joy Dare {15th~31st}


The rest of January~all the joys~the gift hunt....


3 ways I saw happiness today
46. giggling boys at breakfast
47. dancing and singing in the kitchen
48. sitting down next to the youngest as he excitedly plays the piano


one gift that made me laugh~one that made me pray~one that made me quiet
49. watching silly tv with my husband
50. complaints from kids about schoolwork~reminding me to pray for patience
51. snuggling with each boy at night as I tuck them in and listen ti their stories


3 gifts from God's word
52. Psalm 100:3~KNOW that the Lord is GOD...
53. 1 Corinthians 15:10~...by Grace alone...
54. Colossians 1~...He rescues...Holds....and gives HOPE


a grace in the kitchen, a grace in the weather, a grace that might have never been
55. our blackboard wall
56. this mild winter
57. to know love this way


3 gifts I only saw close up
58. the frustration behind the tantrum when I looked into those big brown eyes
59. these children in this hospital, their little lives, the promises they hold
60. His word~how the gift, it multiplies when I get up close


one thing in the sky, one thing in my memory, one thing that's ugly~beautiful
61. the moon still up in the bright morning sky
62. remembering what my bed feels like after too many hours awake
63. the pain of if-only's eased by leaning into Him (Jeremiah 29:11)

one grace wrinkled one grace smooth, one grace unfolded
64. bed sheets all slept in
65. packing all coming together
66. peace and patience unfolding as we get all the preparations done


3 gifts found in Christ~ all in 2 Corinthians 5~
67. If anyone is in Christ he is a new creation (verse 17)
68. In Christ, God reconciled the world to Himself not counting their trespasses against them (verse 19)
69. For our sake He made him to be sin who knew no sin so that we might become the righteousness of God. (verse21)


3 things blue
70. the sky out the airplane window
71. the shades of aquamarine and turquoise of this beautiful Caribbean water
72. the playful tails of these whip-tail lizards


1 grace borrowed, 1 grace found, 1 grace inherited
73. space in this beautiful island home
74. pieces of coral and shells so pretty along the shore
75. my dad laughing with my boys~making memories they'll never forget


a gift before 9am, a gift before noon, and a gift after dark
76. waking up to orioles and troupials  singing
77. swimming in the amazing blue water
78. a glass of red, watching the bats and playing games!another island night


3 gifts that might have never been
79. these boys swimming so close to these fish
80. seeing the sky and ocean meet from a sailboat
81. this time spent their pop-pop


3 graces from my friends
82. a best friend to feed my fish
83. prayer over the phone when i need it
84. women to count on


a song heard, a soft word, where i saw light
85. Nathan singing "This is the Day"
86. boys being homesick, saying softly how they miss their house
87. island sun peeking through clouds


3 things old seen new
88. old island pier~now home for fish
89. sea glass all smooth~now a son's treasure
90. old volcanic island~now all covered in coral and cactus 


a gift found on paper, in a person, in a picture
91. plane tickets home
92. my dad and step mother's hospitality
93. 589 pictures of our days in tropical sun!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak