Skip to main content

He Will Wipe Every Tear

Rain falls. Storms set in. Winds rage. Shadows are cast. Darkness comes, sometimes it lasts for years. This world just seems to be breaking at the seams. The earth shakes, the ocean turns violent, the winds are vengeful. The storms and their aftermath seem... unfathomable. Yet there they are on the screen, reported on the news, just a click away. This past week it was a whole lot closer than tsunamis and earthquakes. It's a friend of friend or cousins or an uncle, a grandparent or children grown and on their own; It's their damaged homes and neighborhoods, towns torn apart and lives broken.

It's just so hard to reconcile all this pain. And even harder because there has been just so much of it lately. This world is broken, failing, coming slowly undone. Sin does that. It destroys. Some times subtle and slow, sometimes so forthright and quick that we almost never saw it coming.
I read a blog post by Ann (author of One Thousand Gifts). She shares what her young daughter says about her torn paper heart:

“It’s okay. Even when a heart’s broken”... she gently touches it’s raw edge, “His love’s still around me everywhere. And maybe the love get’s in easier here where it’s tore?”

Maybe the love gets in easier here where it's tore. Maybe. Maybe those big words spoken by a little girl can bring a glimmer of light into the dark places.

The dark places seem to come so often. But this world, it's not our home. We weren't made for this place. He has plans to restore us. To restore His creation to the beauty it was meant to be. To make all things new. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning..... In the mean time His love is all around us, everywhere. Just start counting and you'll see.

We can cling to that. Even when we don't understand the why we can cling to the grace and rest in Him knowing He is the one holding us and trust Him: ...for the old order of things {will} pass away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak