Skip to main content

113-144

Naming gifts. Fighting dissatisfaction. Refusing to worry. Giving thanks.

113. antihistamines helping me get through the night
114. 3 way nerf gun battles
115. a brother in law with blessed fixing hands
116. cold cucumber slices

117. seeing fruits of hard work and smiling sisters, proud

118. really good sleep

119. another day
120. my just about 6 year old eagerly doing extra math

121. yet another day, time to try again

122. filly party favor bags with excited boys
123. powdered sugar all over
124. friends over for pancakes and waffles

125. smiling kids excited for party fun
126. getting over meltdowns (both mine and the littlest's) with hugs and smiles
127. CHOCOLATE CAKE!

128. Lego madness
129. determination of 6 (in one more day) year old in assembling 568 pieces
130. sitting in a quiet house after being busy all day

131. Nathan...and six years of holding, hugs, kisses and big smiles
132. family: sisters, brothers, cousins, talking and laughing

133. my eight year old wearing big smiles
134. snacks
135. morning cooperation
136. time with other mamas to study His word
137. catching spots early
138. oncologists
139. His steady hand in this friend's life

140. a place to ask questions
141. answers

142. loving our families, right where they are, even though we'd like them to not stay there
143. knowing when I feel helpless You are there keeping planets in orbit and the ocean where it belongs, for the reminder that You are in ALL things

144. birthdays, celebrating what the people I love mean to me

I'm asking for prayer for a friend's mother (Carol) newly diagnosed with breast cancer. And for another friend's family (mother, sister and grandmother) in desperately hard places. I'm praying for healing, better choices made, for GRACE, but above all else that these faces seek Yours.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Harsh World, The Butterfly Effect and The End of the Story

These last few weeks have been hard to process. I feel overwhelmed with the realities of this world. The reality that this is a hard and sad, broken place. The shootings in Aurora, the continued genocide in Zimbabwe , the attacks on men standing firm in what they believe , the selling of people and the list can go on and on. I strongly believe with all that I am that we serve a Good and Merciful God. And yet in times like this I can doubt and question where is His goodness when we need it most. I'll never cease to be amazed at how my God answers me. It was all over everywhere. As I questioned and shook my fists and asked "why?" and " how could you let this be?", He gently answered me over and over again .  As I asked these questions with tears in my eyes, He reminded me of the book I had finished on the beach a few weeks ago. This man full of God given wisdom wrote: There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and

Utterances of God

I struggle some times. I struggle with keeping it together. I struggle with keeping calm when emotions run high. When I feel things are beyond my control, I tend to come apart. My perspective gets all warped. I don't see the grace, the good. My words begin to match how I feel, spiraling and frustrated. I tend to say things I truly don't mean. Harsh things. Mean things. And then the guilt sets in. That guilt grips me and I so regret it all. I'm struggling with my mouth and self control and then I read this...   1 Peter 4:10  Whoever speaks, let him speak, as it were, the utterances of God; whoever serves, let him do so as by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.   Let him speak the utterances of God.The utterances of God. And Whoever serves, let him do it with the strength that God supplies. Why?  So in all things God may be glorified.  Speak