Skip to main content

Keeping them close keeps me close to Him

I never got to elaborate on my last post and Sherry's great insights from The Well.

There is a special peace that floods one's heart when one follows God's will. When I think about my children and spending all my time with them, filling my days with serving them, educating them, loving them, training them...I am so filled with calm and peace. It is such an amazing feeling that I can compare to no other. Sometimes I stop myself when I am reveling in this peace because I never want to be complacent or proud or judgemental of others who live different lives but it has just dawned on me...this is the Peace that Passes all Understanding. When I am not anxious but content living out His Will for my life He gives me His Peace.

Keeping my children close to me, involving them in all aspects of my life, making them a priority--their thoughts, needs, hopes and dreams, loving them right where they are, living this life is such a parallel to how Jesus lived. This is who Jesus is to us. He keeps us close. He wants the best of us, not the leftovers. He wants us to be real with Him, to trust Him with all we are. Jesus laughed, cried, mourned, and celebrated with His disciples, He lived with them, directed them, and gave them an example by which to live. He loved them. He kept close to those he taught. He got right in there and got His hands dirty. This is our ministry as mothers. To be there in each aspect of our children's lives, to minister to their every need puts us in a kinship, a closeness with Jesus that I believe can not be matched.

There is nothing I'd rather do. No other way I'd like to live. No other career or opportunity I'd like to pursue. Living for my family, serving the people God has placed in my care is the most direct way to fulfill His plan for my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fill...

Five Minute Friday, early on a Saturday morning, but with a new host, Kate . Same deal: Word lovers write with a prompt for the love and the fun. No edits, grammar police or second guessing. Free writing for five minutes...And the heart of the community is that you visit the other lovely writers, to encourage, to make a new friend. This week is.... Go Fill instead of empty. Give instead of take. Pour and love and lavish. You'll feel empty. But when you frequent the well of the Water that always quenches you are never ever empty. Fill the hearts around with peace. Choose to avoid the chaos that expectations bring. Fill the minds with truth. Remember that the only truth is what is good. Something can be accurate but still not true. Fill the house with love because they won't really remember exactly what you taught them but they will remember how it felt to be there. Fill bodies with strength. Actual food and the infinitely more important Bread of L...

Connect

Another Five Minute Friday, on a Saturday, writing for five minutes for just the beauty of it. Want to join in? Come on over here  and meet this great community. Connect Go: I'm wondering what it's like for my kids: living a connected life where the pieces fit together and don't have to separate into mom's house and dad's house and small little compartments with neat little labels lasting 47 minutes each. I'm wondering if they will ever understand how different it could be. How different it was for their big brother.  I'm wondering if it really is just now, this minute, that I'm realizing that what I missed for most of my life was having a connected life. I had school me, and home me and after leukemia turned up, I had hospital me. I had my-house me and dad's-house me, the me I shared with my friends and the me I created for the boy friends. Then there was the me I was in my own head: the me who tried to write but usually wound up laughing...