Skip to main content

Rest...

Time again for Five Minute Friday (that hardly ever gets posted until Saturday). We write with a prompt for five minutes without revisions or second guessing. Just write and let the words come.



                                     
Rest...

GO


In a time where the answer to "how are you?" is most often "busy" do we even remember how to rest? We are fast paced multitaskers who don't seem to get any more done than we used to. Yet we are constantly busy. We have countless things in our lives intended to make life "easier": washing machines, dishwashers, microwaves, email, text messaging, frozen foods, subzero refrigerators, convenient stores....But is anything easier? Do we have more time? Do we rest anymore than we used to? Do we rest at all?


I want to turn it off, walk away, be simple, make my home a true place of rest. A place to hide from the world, from the relentless day's work, a place of peace.


STOP

Now head on over to the see The Gypsy Mama and join in the fun...

Comments

  1. I agree
    . So many devices, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too agree, Even though we are always busy, I try to never answer with the word busy when asked how I am.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome. Just a note on comments. I leave them open but I ask that comments be respectful. To me, to God and to His word. I will remove anything that isn't.

Popular posts from this blog

Fill...

Five Minute Friday, early on a Saturday morning, but with a new host, Kate . Same deal: Word lovers write with a prompt for the love and the fun. No edits, grammar police or second guessing. Free writing for five minutes...And the heart of the community is that you visit the other lovely writers, to encourage, to make a new friend. This week is.... Go Fill instead of empty. Give instead of take. Pour and love and lavish. You'll feel empty. But when you frequent the well of the Water that always quenches you are never ever empty. Fill the hearts around with peace. Choose to avoid the chaos that expectations bring. Fill the minds with truth. Remember that the only truth is what is good. Something can be accurate but still not true. Fill the house with love because they won't really remember exactly what you taught them but they will remember how it felt to be there. Fill bodies with strength. Actual food and the infinitely more important Bread of L...

Connect

Another Five Minute Friday, on a Saturday, writing for five minutes for just the beauty of it. Want to join in? Come on over here  and meet this great community. Connect Go: I'm wondering what it's like for my kids: living a connected life where the pieces fit together and don't have to separate into mom's house and dad's house and small little compartments with neat little labels lasting 47 minutes each. I'm wondering if they will ever understand how different it could be. How different it was for their big brother.  I'm wondering if it really is just now, this minute, that I'm realizing that what I missed for most of my life was having a connected life. I had school me, and home me and after leukemia turned up, I had hospital me. I had my-house me and dad's-house me, the me I shared with my friends and the me I created for the boy friends. Then there was the me I was in my own head: the me who tried to write but usually wound up laughing...