Skip to main content

Naming the Graces


"Grace; that is what the God-glory is full of. To see the Glory and to name the graces. Retune the impaired senses to sense the spirit, to see the grace"

~Quoting my little perpetual calendar from One Thousand Gifts. Catching up on posting some of my summer graces, God's glory full.

504. for the burn on my arm reminding me it's not easy to be gracious while in pain

505. dirty feet that were busy running in the grass
506. slow summer days of pancake breakfasts and read alouds
507. Colossians 3:12 and finding The Fitting Room waiting for me in my mailbox today

508. Your patience with me, 
509. Marlou
510. Jeremia
511. allowing our family to connect with Your children half way around the world
512. the people of Somalia 
513. God's hand even when we're not sure we can see Him working
514. Compassion International~people being His hands and feet
515. the graces given, the ones I don't even notice, given every day

516. having time to read 300 pages in one week :)
517. running with my boys in the sand
518. the beach with my in-laws
519. see my boys spend time with their aunt, uncle and cousins
520. how the ocean seems to touch the sky
521. pizza, music and smiles on the boardwalk

522. cloudless blue skies
523. summer
524. watching tall boys swim and dive
525. water ice, soft pretzels and ice cream~yummy summer treats

526. my husband staying up late to make my chocolate cake!
527. beautiful day swimming with my boys and our friends
528. dinner with family~so much fun
529. moosetracks and birthday songs

530. knowing that God is always sovereign and He is always good
531. Gas leaks
532. ugly fights
533. last weeks of summer

534. my faithful God whose love endures forever
535. Noah reading from Psalms, then Exodus, then Colossians all without prompting
536. better-than-expected hurricane conditions
537. being home with my family through the storm
538. roses, purple red and pink, and anniversary dinner
539. my sweet friend traveling in the storm to pick and drop off my kids
540. bike rides, pizza dinners, playing catch in the front yard


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fill...

Five Minute Friday, early on a Saturday morning, but with a new host, Kate . Same deal: Word lovers write with a prompt for the love and the fun. No edits, grammar police or second guessing. Free writing for five minutes...And the heart of the community is that you visit the other lovely writers, to encourage, to make a new friend. This week is.... Go Fill instead of empty. Give instead of take. Pour and love and lavish. You'll feel empty. But when you frequent the well of the Water that always quenches you are never ever empty. Fill the hearts around with peace. Choose to avoid the chaos that expectations bring. Fill the minds with truth. Remember that the only truth is what is good. Something can be accurate but still not true. Fill the house with love because they won't really remember exactly what you taught them but they will remember how it felt to be there. Fill bodies with strength. Actual food and the infinitely more important Bread of L...

Connect

Another Five Minute Friday, on a Saturday, writing for five minutes for just the beauty of it. Want to join in? Come on over here  and meet this great community. Connect Go: I'm wondering what it's like for my kids: living a connected life where the pieces fit together and don't have to separate into mom's house and dad's house and small little compartments with neat little labels lasting 47 minutes each. I'm wondering if they will ever understand how different it could be. How different it was for their big brother.  I'm wondering if it really is just now, this minute, that I'm realizing that what I missed for most of my life was having a connected life. I had school me, and home me and after leukemia turned up, I had hospital me. I had my-house me and dad's-house me, the me I shared with my friends and the me I created for the boy friends. Then there was the me I was in my own head: the me who tried to write but usually wound up laughing...