Skip to main content

What mama did

Five minute Friday about who my mama is. We write for five minutes, with a prompt, because we love the words and we love the community.

Five Minute Friday

What mama did..

Go

She loved. She worked. She poured God into every crevice of our lives that she possibly could. My mama. That mama of 6. She watched her middle daughter go through chemo and depression. She gave me all she had. She became a nurse and did the job of a mama and a dad. She persevered. And that's saying something. Because the 6 of us? We weren't easy. We were downright unruly. She made mistakes. She taught us all how to cling to God. How to give thanks.

She taught us that life is tough but God is tougher. She is still teaching me how to loosen my grip and just let God work. She told me that I just need to do the next right thing. Not be overwhelmed in fixing all the mess but just do the next thing. That's all.

My mama with her 6 kids her 2 daughters-in-law and her 2 sons- in-law, her 16 grandchildren and all us tugging at her heart.

What my mama did was hang on. Love her God.  And my mama taught me that God is faithful to those who love Him. Maybe that's the very best thin a mama can do

Stop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fill...

Five Minute Friday, early on a Saturday morning, but with a new host, Kate . Same deal: Word lovers write with a prompt for the love and the fun. No edits, grammar police or second guessing. Free writing for five minutes...And the heart of the community is that you visit the other lovely writers, to encourage, to make a new friend. This week is.... Go Fill instead of empty. Give instead of take. Pour and love and lavish. You'll feel empty. But when you frequent the well of the Water that always quenches you are never ever empty. Fill the hearts around with peace. Choose to avoid the chaos that expectations bring. Fill the minds with truth. Remember that the only truth is what is good. Something can be accurate but still not true. Fill the house with love because they won't really remember exactly what you taught them but they will remember how it felt to be there. Fill bodies with strength. Actual food and the infinitely more important Bread of L...

Connect

Another Five Minute Friday, on a Saturday, writing for five minutes for just the beauty of it. Want to join in? Come on over here  and meet this great community. Connect Go: I'm wondering what it's like for my kids: living a connected life where the pieces fit together and don't have to separate into mom's house and dad's house and small little compartments with neat little labels lasting 47 minutes each. I'm wondering if they will ever understand how different it could be. How different it was for their big brother.  I'm wondering if it really is just now, this minute, that I'm realizing that what I missed for most of my life was having a connected life. I had school me, and home me and after leukemia turned up, I had hospital me. I had my-house me and dad's-house me, the me I shared with my friends and the me I created for the boy friends. Then there was the me I was in my own head: the me who tried to write but usually wound up laughing...