Skip to main content

Gifts 161-194

161. pointing to you ~ even in difficult public conversations, hard questions that drive me to Your word
162. humbling experiences and gracious responses

163. full table, many conversations, one family
164. cousins being silly together

165. forgiving hugs of a 6 year old
166. reminding me to also forgive me
167. a network of mamas for support and conversation
168. church feeding us dinner!

169. beautiful sunny days welcoming home robins and picnic lunches
170. math problems and spelling words done in sidewalk chalk
171. bike rides with my 2 favorite boys
172. warm (almost) spring days that turn into warm summer nights
173. glittery cards full of happy wishes of forever together
174. Irish scones and laughing ~ building friendships
175. staying out too late

176. sunny mornings with spring just 2 days away
177. making too many pancakes and waffles (because the distracted mama measured wrong)
178. pancakes and waffles for breakfast AND lunch
179. bold markers on paper as boys take time coloring
180. buds on the blueberry bush
181. Eucharisteo conversations with my 6year old
182. wispy, white clouds giving way to pale blue

183. for remembering to speak words of life, grace words that build up.

184. crumbs on counters
185. half eaten apple slices
186. evidence of life

187. slow hours, time to write
188. for Nathan's stick figures and imaginary light saber fights
189. for Noah's desire to make, build and create

190. WEDDINDS!
191. answers to prayer
192. for my little brother and his family
193. flowers, cake, family and smiles


Comments

  1. Forgiving hugs from your children, waffles and pancakes, and bikerides with your children are things that could be on my list too. I love it. Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello and Welcome. Just a note on comments. I leave them open but I ask that comments be respectful. To me, to God and to His word. I will remove anything that isn't.

Popular posts from this blog

Fill...

Five Minute Friday, early on a Saturday morning, but with a new host, Kate . Same deal: Word lovers write with a prompt for the love and the fun. No edits, grammar police or second guessing. Free writing for five minutes...And the heart of the community is that you visit the other lovely writers, to encourage, to make a new friend. This week is.... Go Fill instead of empty. Give instead of take. Pour and love and lavish. You'll feel empty. But when you frequent the well of the Water that always quenches you are never ever empty. Fill the hearts around with peace. Choose to avoid the chaos that expectations bring. Fill the minds with truth. Remember that the only truth is what is good. Something can be accurate but still not true. Fill the house with love because they won't really remember exactly what you taught them but they will remember how it felt to be there. Fill bodies with strength. Actual food and the infinitely more important Bread of L...

Connect

Another Five Minute Friday, on a Saturday, writing for five minutes for just the beauty of it. Want to join in? Come on over here  and meet this great community. Connect Go: I'm wondering what it's like for my kids: living a connected life where the pieces fit together and don't have to separate into mom's house and dad's house and small little compartments with neat little labels lasting 47 minutes each. I'm wondering if they will ever understand how different it could be. How different it was for their big brother.  I'm wondering if it really is just now, this minute, that I'm realizing that what I missed for most of my life was having a connected life. I had school me, and home me and after leukemia turned up, I had hospital me. I had my-house me and dad's-house me, the me I shared with my friends and the me I created for the boy friends. Then there was the me I was in my own head: the me who tried to write but usually wound up laughing...